WHAT IS A BATTLE?
A battle is a hostile encounter or engagement between opposing military forces. A battle can also be described as a fight.
Examples of Battles recorded in the bible include:
- The battle of freedom which the children of Israel faced in the hands of Pharaoh and the Egyptians. Exodus 15
- David’s encounter with Goliath was also a battle.
1 Samuel 17:16
- Job’s experience also show that there are battle we face as Children of God. Job 3: 11 -18
CATEGORIES OF BATTLES
- Battles of Horses and Chariots. 2 Kings 6:15
- Battles while men sleep or slumber.
- Battles of the womb. From the moment, a baby is conceived in the womb to its growth and birth, there are battles he/she faces even at that stage of life. 2 Samuel 12:16, Matthew 2: 3-6
However, in this teaching we will use David and the battles he faced as a case study.
7 BATTLES DAVID FOUGHT CAN BE DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
- The battle of the womb. Psalm 51:5
- The battle of being forgotten. 1 Sam 16:11
- The battle of hatred 1 Samuel 17:17, 28
- The battle of the Lion and Bear. 1 Samuel 17:34, Isaiah 49:26
- The battle over arrows of the enemy. 1 Samuel 18:11, 1 Samuel 19:10, Isaiah 54:17
- The battle of the Family. 2 Samuel 15: 13
- The battle against the giant/mountains. Psalm 90:2, John 16:33, Psalm 34:1, Psalm 149: 1 – 9.
God gave David victory in all these battles. He has also given you the victory over all battles in this life
KEY POINTS TO PROVE YOU HAVE VICTORY OVER EVERY BATTLE
- Because Jesus triumph over them. Colossians 2:15
- You are the seed of Jehovah. 1 John 5:4
- You are made more than conqueror. Romans 8:37